Healthy Bear 28cm Aluminum Non-Stick Dutch Oven with Glass Lid BCAL-28DOG
Ah, the mighty Dutch Oven. It braises, it stews, it occasionally holds our onions when we run out of space in the pantry. When we talk about Dutch ovens, we mean a deep pot with a heavy and tight-fitting lid. This is one of the most essential pieces of cookware in our kitchen. If you don’t already have one, we recommend putting it on your wish list immediately.
A Dutch Oven is exactly what you want for cooking long braises and stews. Our classic 28cm non-stick Dutch Oven is constructed from pressed aluminium which is renowned for its excellent, even heat distribution properties, creating the even and steady temperature within the pot necessary for rendering meat and tough vegetables completely tender. The Korean Dyflon non-stick interior ensures that there are no huge sticky messes to clean-up afterwards.
These pots are also perfect for simmering a pot of beans, incubating a batch of yogurt, or even just making a quick pasta sauce for dinner. We could go on and on, but suffice it to say that our Dutch oven is one of the most-used tools in our kitchen.
Generously sized at 28cm, it comes with a self-basting, domed glass lid to retain moisture and flavour whilst allowing you to view the contents, plus heat-resistant handles which stay cool on the stovetop so you won't get your fingers burned either! Suitable for all cookers except induction and dishwasher safe.
Size is important when selecting your Dutch Oven: generally the larger it is the better. Stews need space for the air to circulate around the ingredients, so make sure the size you buy will suit what you like to cook.
Although questions have been raised about the safety of nonstick cookware, rest assured that Healthy Bear non-stick cookware are manufactured under the highest quality and safety standards so that cooks have little to worry about. Our non-stick cookware utilizes Dyflon as the coating - a Korean-made coating which is many times more durable and scratch resistant than normal Teflon coating, and can withstand higher temperatures. There is absolutely nothing about our non-stick cookware to worry about under normal use.
Tips on caring for your non-stick cookware:
- Never leave nonstick pans unattended on an open flame or other heat source
- Avoid using metal utensils on nonstick cookware
- Wash nonstick cookware using nonabrasive cleaners and sponges
- Durable non-stick Korean Dyflon coating: many times more durable than Teflon.
- Suitable for all cooktops except induction.
- Stay cool handles allows cookware to be handled after hours of stovetop cooking.
- Glass lid included for see-through convenience and attractive presentations.
- 28cm diameter: perfect size for hearty stews.
- The new Dyflon coating allows the cookware to be dishwaher-safe