BES870XL/ BES870BSS| Breville the Barista Express
A barista will quickly tell you that the most important ingredient to deliver an amazing espresso is to use fresh beans and grind them as close to the time of use as possible. Actually, it's best to limit the time between grinding and extraction to seconds, not minutes. That's why we've built a grinder into the Barista Express espresso machine.
The in-built conical burr grinder allows you to grind only what you need directly into the portafilter. It's fully adjustable in grind size and dose, so you can tweak to taste. The patented Razor dosing tool trims the puck for consistent extraction, while PID digital temperature control delivers accurate water temperature throughout the extraction.
The Barista Express, with its integrated conical burr grinder and dosing control, helps deliver the optimum path for beans to espresso in under a minute, ensuring a smooth and thick créma. The measured dose is delivered straight into the coffee filter to maximize luscious créma with every extraction. A low-pressure pre-infusion stage just before espresso extraction allows the coffee grounds to expand, therefore creating a more even extraction, and better taste.
With a dedicated hot water outlet, impressive steam pressure and dual and single wall filters available for use, you'll move from novice to barista in no time at all.
BES870XL is the proud winner of the Best New Product - Coffee or Tea Preparation and Serving Equipment (Consumer) of 2013 by SCAA
- Pump Pressure 15 Bar Italian Pump
- Heating System 1600W thermocoil. Integrated stainless steel water coil accurately controls water temperature. Electronic PID temperature control for increased temperature stability
- Purge Function Automatically adjusts water temperature after steam for optimal espresso extraction temperature
- Pre-Infusion Function Applies low water pressure at the start of the extraction to gently expand grinds for an even extraction
- Included Grouphead Filters 54mm stainless steel single & dual wall filter baskets (4)
- Water Tank Capacity Removable 67 fl.oz (2L) water tank. Replaceable water filter reduces scale
- Onboard Storage Integrated & removable 54mm tamper. Concealed storage tray houses included accessories
- Innovations The Razor dose trimming tool. Patented twist blade trims down the puck to the right level for precision dosing and a consistent extraction
- Conical burr grinder (stainless steel) for maximum freshness, flavor & aroma
- ½lb bean hopper
- Grind Size dial - espresso grind settings from fine to coarse
- Grind Amount dial - adjusts dose amount to suit the grind size
- Hands-free grinding cradle for direct grinding into the portafilter
- Espresso pressure gauge monitors extraction pressure
- Volumetric control – preset 1 & 2 cup, manual over-ride or re-programmable
- Dry puck feature removes excess water from the filter basket after extraction for easy disposal of the coffee puck
- Hot water outlet for making an Americano and pre-heating cups
- Stainless steel 360° swivel-action steam wand
- Removable drip tray with Empty Me! tray full indicator
- Cleaning alert
- 'Sleep Mode' after 1 hour & 'Auto Off Mode' after 3 hours
- Breville Assist Plug
- BPA Free - all parts that come into contact with food
- Construction Stainless Steel
- Voltage 110-120 Volts
- Wattage 1600 Watts (Thermocoil)
- Warranty 1 Year Limited Product Warranty
- Patented Razor dose trimming tool
- 54mm stainless steel portafilter
- Single wall filter baskets (1 & 2 cup)
- Dual wall filter baskets (1 & 2 cup)
- Coffee scoop
- Integrated tamper
- Stainless Steel milk jug
- Cleaning disc and tablets
- Cleaning brush, tool and Allen key
- Water filter holder and water filter
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
The Barista Express Espresso Machine (BES870)
A great tasting espresso needs fresh roasted coffee ground str...
Tips and Tricks: Die-Cast Espresso Machine
Breville's Ade Schober demonstrates how to make the perfect es...
Latte Art Demonstration: the Oracle with Phil McKnight
Phil McKnight uses the Oracle to demonstrate how to pour great...
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Love the product, excellent price at Forum, fast delivery, thanks guys :). The only thing that I have to say is that it will take some time till you find the best setting for your coffee bean and the amount you'lk need to put in to get that crema espresso coffee. After a few weeks I still think I get too much grinded and I ended up with too much, which I use later.
This is a beautiful espresso machine we bought from forum appliances (which we highly recommend for the excellent service,fast shipping and great price) , very nice quality finishing, perfect for the espresso lover who likes to personalize their coffee experience. The machine is easy to operate and adjusting the settings to achieve the perfect espresso is really fun. Highly recommend.
I used simple coffee makers at home before (Turkish coffee pot, drip and regular coffee makers) but was not happy with my every morning drink. So I spent couple days on studying about espresso makers and decided to give a try to Breville Barista. I chose this model because it has a built-in coffee grinder so you don't need to buy it separately and keep extra item on your kitchen. Well no my wife and me both start every morning enjoying a wonderful coffee I make. Using exactly the same coffee there is a huge difference in a flavor. I do recommend it to everybody who likes starting their day with a good coffee. BTW thanks to forum appliances for the best price on this machine.
I love this machine. I thought I would be happy with the cheaper ($200) Breville but returned it and tried this one. Life has been great ever since. So very easy to make a cup of expresso with just the push of several buttons. No guessing...no mussing. It was definitely worth the extra money if you love your coffee.